Wednesday 3 January 2018

Goals, Chapters and New Beginnings.

At the start of last year I took my bullet journal out and made some 2017 goals for the year ahead.  I then closed my diary and forgot about most of them. However when I took my diary out again this year to write my goals for 2018 it seemed I hadn't forgot any from 2017 and managed to put a nice tick next to them all. You can imagine how happy I was.

I was asked by a friend on New Year's Day about what I most wanted for this year ahead, it's hard to decide when the one thing I would like is out of my control. However my reflection on last year was my wants are the same however I had found many other things that I hoped to achieve and felt them important to enhance and enrich my life.

It's also strange how you can write things down then subconsciously take those goals on and prosper in them. I feel pleased within myself that through such a challenging year I looked after myself in more ways then I knew and managed to end the year smiling.

I read somewhere the year brings 12 new chapters, I loved this thought, in therapy work we talk about each session being a chapter in that young person's story, it's a section we are uncovering in our life and trying to make sense of.  When thinking of the 12 new chapters in my life I realised they weren't too different to last year, adventures, believing in hope, development, positive challenge and riding the more difficult parts of our journey right now. We move into 2018 knowing we have a lot more challenge to come but we move in stronger together and knowing that we have got this.

Writing in words how we manage and cope isn't the easiest, we don't look for pity or understanding, it's cathartic and therapeutic for me to write, it also allows a space to flow and be free. The journey of unexplained infertility doesn't take up my everyday thoughts, it hurts and is so different from the path i expected however I put time and energy to achieve and succeed in so many other areas of life. I feel I enrich my life with dreamy adventures and live as the Danish say a Hygee lifestyle, living my life in a warm and cosy way allows a safety around myself that gives comfort and self care which promotes a positive well being for myself and for others around. My manic way of once living has completely calmed and although we are busy it is always with kind natured fun.

So what does 2018 bring - development of my yoga business, exploring 5 new places in the UK in the van, a challenging knitting project, developing yarn social night,  grow pumpkins, remembering what I have is enough and staying kind and true to myself, family and friends.

So with the tree down, the house cleaned and reorganised and this being the last day of my Christmas annual leave and I plan to write, knit, finish my Christmas tv, drink tea and eat Christmas cake. It's been a delightful rest and I move into 2018 ready for the next chapter.

No comments:

Post a Comment