Monday 24 June 2013

A New Year with lots of New Adventures.

Christmas time was a delightful time was as always delightful with the lovely family, I tried to embrace it with all I could as knew it would be my last year celebrating Christmas at home alone as next year me and Samuel have chosen to spend it together either at our home and then to Sam’s parents or at my Mum and Ronnie’s home, I am so excited at the prospect of being together and feel ready for this new Christmas plan, its always daunted me not being at home but as times change I can see my own self changing and think waking up without being at home wouldn’t be as bad as I once thought, simply because Sam will be next to me.

With Christmas over and 2013 starts the snow comes with it, warm fires and Indian blankets are keeping us warm at home and the wire has kept us entertained for the start of January, being back at work has really hit home and I can feel my readiness for change, although I don’t come to work and hate life, I feel privileged to be doing a job with such rewards and at times enjoy the challenges it brings allowing me to enhance myself as a worker and as an individual. My only itching at the moment is I feel change is upon me and as you can see from previous blogs I have been really trying to find different avenues to go down and what will really challenge me as an individual. I fell into the social care route by accident and although it has been a ‘good’ accident it has developed my learning and allowed me to explore different avenues to see if this is my chosen career and if I can see myself doing this throughout my working days. Recently I have really felt that I wanted a new scope of work and have looked at various degree’s/master’s and jobs to see what may best suit my chosen options for my future, I had settled on a MA but have recently been told the safety of my job may not be present in 2014 meaning an unemployed Claire, with this being the case the MA would leave me limited to my career options and leave me with one main route of therapeutic work and those of you who know me, know I love change. I spent Christmas really thinking about what I want not just for now but for when I have children and when I am older and yes the coffee shop is something I have always wanted maybe its not the right time in the current recession to be putting all our eggs in one basket and maybe this is something we come back to in our later years when we have more stability and more financially secure. I therefore started to think about where my journey first started and how childcare was always something I was interested in and studied with enjoyment at school and college, I took the health route and tried my luck with mental health nursing but didn’t like the 2yr nursing stream and chose to leave after my first term. I discussed with Sam last year the option of midwifery but with my finical situation not being the best we knew it wasn’t something I could go back to just yet. I did some research and broached the subject again and we felt it was something we could afford to do right now and that Sam being lovely Sam he said I should go for it if its something I have always wanted to do, so with that I completed my UCAS and now await an interview, if all goes well I will be back as a full time student come September 2013, studying a course i will be blessed to be part of. 

 Its interesting how when times became hard its found we revert back to what we know and what’s comforting, I was discussing this with my ever wise Gran when telling her I had received a sewing machine of Sam as my Christmas gift and a class at this amazing sewing cafĂ© http://sewoverit.co.uk/ and she explained that this is evident from the come back of WI meetings for young women and the new shops that are opening that are sewing/knitting/vintage/film cameras/craft shops, something she states you just had to know when growing up, it was part of life, now people pay to learn these skills and want to feel that ‘older generation’s’ way of living. My Gran laughs at my love of film camera and want to learn skills she is so great at, recently my Mum and Gran have been teaching me to knit and I am finding it really therapeutic, when telling a few friends this I have found they too are learning the skills of knitting and sewing and have been carrying out their own craft projects making pillows, screen printing, scarf knitting and film processing. I really love how clever my friends are and felt we should bring all these skills together and learn from one another, so with that craft night was developed, a group of my closest friends are planning on arranging a craft night once a month, we will have different themes and learn from one another to expand our ever growing crafting brains.
I feel 2013 is full of exciting prospects and with our trip to Vietnam in May and exploring these two heavenly beaches/lodgings http://www.junglebeachvietnam.com/welcome.html and http://mangobayphuquoc.com/,  30th birthdays a plenty, Weddings, Shambala, Glastonbury (with Mum and Ronnie, yeah) and the possible start of a new course I feel a very lucky privileged lady right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment